5.02.2013

Blogging Intimidation!

Hey strangers, I am so sorry this blog has been pretty much abandoned for about a year!  While I could use the usual excuses of the general busyness of life, I'm going to go with a completely different reason for my absence...  Blogging is actually quite intimidating!

There, I said it.  Phew!

I had been doing a lot of research on how to build a blog and there was (and is!) just so much more to it than I originally thought.  Ideas, branding, target audiences, etc... many things I had never really even considered before.

Unfortunately, instead of being helpful, this information seemed to distress and paralyze me!  I started to feel like I couldn't and shouldn't post until I had all of my ducks in a row for the blog and my life.  I shouldn't write until I know what the theme of my blog is going to be.  I couldn't post pictures until I was moved and settled into my new place, with everything organized and spotless.  These were the actual thoughts going on in my head!  Even now, I have to tell myself that I don't have to finish organizing my craft room in order to begin writing here.

Life is messy.  Crafting is really messy.  That's just how it is!

With that realization, I'm going to try and not let all of these extra things hold me back.  I certainly do want to learn and grow, but that also must happen from experience.  I need to start somewhere.  You may have to tough it out with me while I find my grove, but I'd rather do that than nothing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment