5.04.2013

May the Fourth Be With You!


I hope you're all having fun re-watching the Star Wars movies or doing something else SW related on this May the Fourth!  Although I am working today, I am still able to watch the movies with my husband as I go about my business -- one of the many advantages of working from home!

Even though I did grow up watching the Star Wars movies, I don't think I truly appreciated them until more recently.  *GASP*  Blasphemy, I know!  I wasn't much of a science fiction fan until college and before then I was mostly into fantasy and fairy tales.  Since then, I have been expanding my horizons and have been diving into whole new levels of nerdom!  It's a blast to explore!

Fandom (consisting of fan [fanatic] plus the suffix -dom, as in kingdom, freedom, etc.) is a term used to refer to a subculture composed of fans characterized by a feeling of sympathy and camaraderie with others who share a common interest.

Some of my favorite fandoms include:  Battlestar Galactica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, Firefly, Harry Potter, and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries...

What about you?  Do you have anything fandom-esque that you're head over heels for?  If so, please feel free to share with me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment